2016 Club Officers
President Rose Harper
Vice President David Brown
Secretary Sandy Leary
Treasurer Lawrence McNally
3 Year Bobby Blosser
2 Year Chuck Dehart
1 Year Brett Bliss
Ex-Offico Lena Custer
Reporter Chris Bolgiano
Song Leader Dave Kyger
Chaplain Wilton Thomas
Sgt at Arms Kaley Kyger
Community Service Committees
Business and Profession:
1. Provide a speaker on Legal Wills.
2. Support the local F.F.A. and 4-H Livestock Show and Sale by purchasing steer, hog and lamb at the
Rockingham County Fair.
3. Furnish club news and upcoming events to local news media.
4. Conduct an Income Tax workshop.
5. Sponsor Broadway Bruins and purchase 1/4 page ad.
Citizenship & patriotism:
1. Sponsor a 4th of July Celebration.
2. Encourage all members to register and vote in elections.
3. Provide transportation to polls as needed.
4. Sponsor an Essay Contest at Fulks Run Elementary School.
5. Observe Ruritan Sunday.
6. Recognize Veterans of America's wars at the October Meeting.
7. Arrange Flag Day (June 14) to collect worn flags for proper disposal by veterans group.
8. Citizen and Ruritan Of The Year at December meeting.
9. Provide a lighted display of the American Flag in community.
10. Place flags on Veterans graves on memorial and Veterans Day
11. Provide meals for Election Poll Workers
1. Participate in community recycling.
2. Sponsor Phonebook / Recycling at Fulks Run Elementary School, pay $1.00 per book up to 500
3. Participate in Adopt-A-Highway Program.
4. Install and maintain birdhouses in Ruritan Park.
5. Maintain walking trails.
6. Maintain Recycle Trailer in Fulks Run Ruritan Park.
7. Explore possibility for providing recycling trash cans for aluminium and plastic.
8. Explore possibility of an exercise walk trail in Ruritan Park.
9. Home recycling hours @ 4 hours per member per month.
10. Feed birds and wildlife.
11. Schedule clean up and maintenance in old park property.
1. Work with local Highway Safety Committee.
2. Install recreational facilities at Ruritan Park.
3. Provide funding for equipment for school physical education.
4. Sponsor Hunter Safety Course.
5. Maintain WEB site
6. Sponsor Chicken BBQ with profits divided between Bergton, Broadway and Timberville Fire
Departments and Broadway and Bergton Rescue Squads.
7. Provide transportation for elderly and sick as needed.
8. Purchase (30) Rudy Bears to give to Bergton and Broadway Rescue Squads.
9. Have local Law Enforcement provided as program at a club meeting.
10. Maintain local cemeteries.
11. Sponsor a Family Picnic at July meeting.
12. Provide park for the community members and tourists.
1. Hold Rabies Vaccination Clinic in January.
2. Sponsor Drug Abuse program.
3. Make Contribution to Ruritan National Foundation ($10.00) per member or Build Your Dollar Program.
4. Provide (3) $500.00 scholarships to students in our community. Students will be invited to January or
February meeting for presentation of check.
5. Donate $100.00 to Fulks Run Elementary school for children in need.
6. Participate in Student Member Program, (2) or more.
7. Give $25.00 to graduating seniors that are members of the Club.
8. Support purchase of dictionaries for students
9. Donate to Hunters for the Hungry.
10. Distribute Christmas baskets.
11. Send cards to sick in the community.
12. Sponsor Son's and Daughter's Night.
13. Sponsor holiday activity at school.
14. Provide help for families or persons in need.
15. Send flowers to club members and spouses in hospital.
16. Send flowers in case of death of members, spouses, or children under the same roof. For single
members, send flowers in case of death of mother or father.
17. Support blood bank.
18. Donate $300.00 to Weekly Religious Education in the county.
19. Sponsor Boy Scout Troop 458 and Cub Scouts.
20. Provide assistance for Fulks Run Elementary School.
21. Donate to St, Jude's Hospital.
22. Support local food bank/Donate $100 Quarterly
23. Donate $25 to Bowl-A-Thon
24. Donate $50 for ad in Fuiks Run Elementary School yearbook.